Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Update on my life!

I just realized that I haven't posted anything since January and thought I should give a bit of an update. The last few months have been quite busy and now I cannot believe there are less than 3 weeks left until I will be on a plane home. Here is some of the things I have been up to in the last little while...

Gantsi Craft had another craft development and skills training workshop in D'Kar, where I facilitated a session on Natural Resource Management.




We organized a bridal/baby shower for our friend and coworker Percia. She is due this week so it's pretty exciting! It was really interesting to see what the traditions are in Botswana for showers. Of course, there was lots of food!



Sarah and I took a trip to Malawi to visit other INDEV students, Rylea and Katie. Malawi was absolutely beautiful and it was really interesting to be able to see the drastic differences between Malawi and Botswana. We were able to go to many different markets, Dedza, Salima and Dzaleka Refugee Camp.







Sarah and I were also able to move forward on the different projects by holding a number of Staff Training workshops on the new coding system we have been able to develop. I also led a session on Natural Resource Availability and Indigenous Knowledge at a Field Representative Training Workshop at Gantsi Craft.


We also discovered the 'Gat.' It is a beautiful quarry outside of Ghanzi that is perfect for swimming. There are also braai stands so it's a great way to spend the day. A few weeks ago, our friends taught us how to make phane worm stir fry. We have tried the worms before dried but everyone told us they are much better in stir fry. While it was really fun to learn how to make.. I don't think I will be eating it again any time soon!




That just a bit of a glimpse into my life for the last two months. I cannot believe this incredible experience is almost coming to an end. The next two week are going to be very busy wrapping up everything at work, a little bit more travelling (Sarah and I are doing a mokoro trip into the Delta this weekend) and then packing!

Happy Easter!

Dana



No comments:

Post a Comment